- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Beryl M. Keller103, Luther Acres resident, lifelong educator
Beryl M. Keller
Beryl M. Keller, 103, formerly of Lancaster, passed away Sunday, July 17, 2011 at Luther Acres.
Born in York, she was the daughter of the late James G. and Daisy Keller.
Beryl was a graduate of Stevens High School and Millersville State College with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education. She did her graduate work at Penn State, Northwestern University and graduated from the University of Pennsylvania with a master’s degree in principalship and supervision.
Beryl was a Sunday school teacher for St. John’s Lutheran Church and superintendent of the junior department of the Sunday school, directed the junior choir, served as president of the Missionary Society, was a council member and a circle leader.
Beryl was a member of the Friends of Luther Acres, Lutheran Associates, Chapter 530 of the AARP, YWCA and the Lititz Senior Citizens Club. She was a former member of the PEA and NEA and a member of the Pennsylvania Retired Teachers Association and the Lancaster Branch Association.
Beryl was charter member of the Pilot International Club of Lancaster, the AARP Chorus and the Three Corners Club of the YWCA. She enjoyed reading, traveling and crocheting for Lutheran World Relief.
She is survived by a niece: Phyllis Zeban, of New Jersey.
Funeral services will be held at the Good Samaritan Chapel of Luther Acres, 500 St. Luke Drive in Lititz, July 21 at 10 a.m. with interment following in Prospect Hill Cemetery in York. Friends visit from 9 to 10 at the chapel on Thursday.
For other information or to send an online condolence, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.