- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Berniece E. Frey 84, native of Lexington
Berniece E. Frey, 84, of Akron, passed away Friday, March 8, 2013, at Maple Farm Nursing Home.
She was born in Lexington to the late Ralph and Clara (Dubbs) Miley, and was the wife of Charles H. Frey, with whom she shared 66 years of marriage.
Berniece enjoyed music, dining out and spending time with family.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a son: Charles H. Frey, Jr. of Pittsburgh; four daughters: Audrey, wife of Randy Fitzgerald, of Lancaster; Bonnie, wife of Larry Fisher, of Denver; Berniece Stewart of Lititz; Cynthia Frey of Akron; three grandchildren: Larry Fisher Jr.; Dwayne Fitzgerald and Mark Fitzgerald; and four great-grandchildren.
A viewing was held March 12 at the Stradling Funeral Home, followed by a funeral service on March 13 with Pastor Thomas Gormley officiating. Interment took place in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Berniece’s memory may be made to Alzheimer’s Disease Research, 22512 Gateway Center Drive, Clarksburg, MD 20817.