- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Beatrice Mae Wenger, 94, raised in Rothsville, farmer’s wife, Emmanuel UMC member
Beatrice Mae Wenger, 94, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born and raised in Rothsville, she was the daughter of the late Charles B. Martin and Clara Elizabeth Martin. Her late husband, Isaac Foltz Wenger, passed away in 1988.
Beatrice was affectionately known by many names; Beadie, Bea, GG, Grandma Bee &tstr; and will be remembered as a loving mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and friend to many.
Before retiring in Ephrata, she and her husband Isaac (Ike) worked a farm in Sandy Beach while raising their children. Beadie was a member of Emmanuel United Methodist Church of Brownstown.
She is survived by three daughters: Donna Minnix, Shirley Jaffe, and Carol Lemmon; six grandchildren: Michael Todd Minnix, Lisa Wilfong, Peter Lemmon, Douglas Minnix, Kelly Lemmon, and Sara Olson; and 12 great-grandchildren: Divo Minnix, Hayden Wilfong, Drake Wilfong, Kate Wilfong, Owen Minnix, Mason Minnix, David Brinson, Daniel Brinson, Caroline Brinson, Elodie Jane Olson, Alice Grier Olson, and Griffin Lemmon.
Services were held June 30 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Beadie’s memory to the Alzheimer’s Association Delaware Valley Chapter, 617 A Main Street Hellertown, PA, 18055 or, the East Penn Down Syndrome Center of Eastern Pennsylvania, 6900 Hamilton Blvd. Trexlertown, PA 18087.
To send an online condolence, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com. Arrangements were entrusted to Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata.