- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Beatrice L. Walker, 78, teacher’s aide, CV retiree
Beatrice L. Walker, 78, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Saskatchewan, Canada to the late James and Elsie G. (Sloan) Linnen and was the wife of the late Walter Walker.
Beatrice was a teacher in Canada and a teacher’s aide for Conestoga Valley School District until her retirement. She enjoyed bingo, board games, cards, gardening, knitting and cooking and baking with friends. She especially enjoyed her family.
She is survived by a son: Kenneth, husband of Deborah (Hendley) Walker of Carrollton, Ga.; a daughter: Susan Walker of Birmingham, Ala.; a sister: Patsy Waddel of Ontario, Canada; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers: Leslie and Howard Linnen and a sister: Loretta Crowder.
A viewing was held June 17 at the Stradling Funeral Home followed by her funeral service with Chaplain Sally Maxwell officiating. Interment will take place in the Metzler Mennonite Cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.