- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Beatrice L. Walker, 78, teacher’s aide, CV retiree
Beatrice L. Walker, 78, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Saskatchewan, Canada to the late James and Elsie G. (Sloan) Linnen and was the wife of the late Walter Walker.
Beatrice was a teacher in Canada and a teacher’s aide for Conestoga Valley School District until her retirement. She enjoyed bingo, board games, cards, gardening, knitting and cooking and baking with friends. She especially enjoyed her family.
She is survived by a son: Kenneth, husband of Deborah (Hendley) Walker of Carrollton, Ga.; a daughter: Susan Walker of Birmingham, Ala.; a sister: Patsy Waddel of Ontario, Canada; and numerous nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers: Leslie and Howard Linnen and a sister: Loretta Crowder.
A viewing was held June 17 at the Stradling Funeral Home followed by her funeral service with Chaplain Sally Maxwell officiating. Interment will take place in the Metzler Mennonite Cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.