- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Beatrice E. Shaub 99, United Zion resident, United Methodist Women member
Beatrice E. Shaub, 99 of Lancaster, passed away Saturday, April 13, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community in Lititz.
She was the daughter of the late Harrison B. and Ellen Steinmetz Harmes. Her husband, Edgar A. Shaub died in February of 2003.
Mrs. Shaub worked at Stehli Silk Mills for several years prior to becoming a full time and dedicated wife, mother and homemaker. A long-time member of First United Methodist Church, Lancaster, she was actively involved in Sunday school and United Methodist Women. She was also a member of Lancaster Chapter No. 501 Order of Eastern Star.
She is survived by her daughter: Virginia Mae, wife of Wilmer W. Burkhart of Lititz; two grandsons: Jon David, husband of Melissa Burkhart of Manheim; and Bruce Alan, husband of Kimberly Burkhart of Selinsgrove; four great-grandchildren: Emily, Joshua, Makayla and Bode Burkart; and her sister: Peggy, wife of Donald Kohler of Lancaster.
Relatives and friends attended a funeral service at United Zion Retirement Community April 17 with Chaplain Ethan L. Levengood officiating. Interment was in Riverview Burial Park.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Beatrice’s memory may be sent to Good Samaritan Fund at United Zion Retirement Community at 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543
To send an online condolence, please visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.