- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Beatrice E. Shaub 99, United Zion resident, United Methodist Women member
Beatrice E. Shaub, 99 of Lancaster, passed away Saturday, April 13, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community in Lititz.
She was the daughter of the late Harrison B. and Ellen Steinmetz Harmes. Her husband, Edgar A. Shaub died in February of 2003.
Mrs. Shaub worked at Stehli Silk Mills for several years prior to becoming a full time and dedicated wife, mother and homemaker. A long-time member of First United Methodist Church, Lancaster, she was actively involved in Sunday school and United Methodist Women. She was also a member of Lancaster Chapter No. 501 Order of Eastern Star.
She is survived by her daughter: Virginia Mae, wife of Wilmer W. Burkhart of Lititz; two grandsons: Jon David, husband of Melissa Burkhart of Manheim; and Bruce Alan, husband of Kimberly Burkhart of Selinsgrove; four great-grandchildren: Emily, Joshua, Makayla and Bode Burkart; and her sister: Peggy, wife of Donald Kohler of Lancaster.
Relatives and friends attended a funeral service at United Zion Retirement Community April 17 with Chaplain Ethan L. Levengood officiating. Interment was in Riverview Burial Park.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Beatrice’s memory may be sent to Good Samaritan Fund at United Zion Retirement Community at 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543
To send an online condolence, please visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.