- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Barbara Krause87, St. John Neumann member, homemaker
Barbara Krause, 87, formerly of Lancaster, died Saturday, March, 10, 2012 at United Zion Retirement Community in Lititz.
Born in Ternopil, Ukraine, she was the daughter of the late Onofry and Ksenia Turczyn Leszczyszyn.
A homemaker, she was married to the late Lawrence M. Krause for 42 years before his death in 2008. Barbara was a great cook, who enjoyed gardening and spending time with her grandchildren. She was a member of St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
Barbara is survived by her daughter: Helen, wife of Raymond Danyo, and their daughters: Christine and Claire, of Lancaster; daughter-in-law: Caroline McGee and her son: Bohdan Matkowsky, of New York, N.Y.; and her sisters: Kataryna and Anna, of Ukraine.
She was preceded in death by her son: Walter Matkowsky and her siblings: Teodozia, Malania, Michael and Gregory.
A mass of Christian burial was held March 13 at St. John Neumann Catholic Church, Lancaster, with The Rev. Paul J. Theiz as celebrant. Interment took place in Greenwood Cemetery.
Memorial Contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.