- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Barbara Krause87, St. John Neumann member, homemaker
Barbara Krause, 87, formerly of Lancaster, died Saturday, March, 10, 2012 at United Zion Retirement Community in Lititz.
Born in Ternopil, Ukraine, she was the daughter of the late Onofry and Ksenia Turczyn Leszczyszyn.
A homemaker, she was married to the late Lawrence M. Krause for 42 years before his death in 2008. Barbara was a great cook, who enjoyed gardening and spending time with her grandchildren. She was a member of St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
Barbara is survived by her daughter: Helen, wife of Raymond Danyo, and their daughters: Christine and Claire, of Lancaster; daughter-in-law: Caroline McGee and her son: Bohdan Matkowsky, of New York, N.Y.; and her sisters: Kataryna and Anna, of Ukraine.
She was preceded in death by her son: Walter Matkowsky and her siblings: Teodozia, Malania, Michael and Gregory.
A mass of Christian burial was held March 13 at St. John Neumann Catholic Church, Lancaster, with The Rev. Paul J. Theiz as celebrant. Interment took place in Greenwood Cemetery.
Memorial Contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.