- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Barbara Gross83, Lititz resident, social worker
Barbara Ohlson Gross, 83, of Lititz, died Monday, Dec. 12, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital after complications from surgery.
Born in New York City, she was the daughter of the late Edward and Ann (Dowd) Ohlson and was the wife of the late Sam Gross, who passed away in 1980.
Barbara was a homemaker and mother of four children, and in midlife obtained her master’s of social work degree. She then worked as a social worker with children with disabilities and later did adult counseling. She was active in women’s health issues, helping to start Health House on Long Island. She enjoyed the toughest crossword puzzles and was a talented artist. As a mother, she gave her children more of a legacy than she ever imagined.
She is survived by her son: Richard, husband of Rose Barnas, of Lititz; daughter: Nanci, wife of Bill Osburn, of Desert Hot Springs, Calif.; son: Michael, of Belleflower, Calif.; four grandchildren: Sam; Shandy, wife of Mike Miller II; Ashley; and Jessica; one great-grandchild: Michael Miller III; and many step-grandchildren and step-great-grandchildren who also enjoyed a loving relationship with her.
Besides her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by her daughter: Linda, wife of Alan Kanner, of Calif.; and a brother: Edward.
Services are private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Lupus Foundation of America.
Online condolences may be made at auergroup.com. Arrangements are being made by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania.