- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
B. Renee Paul86, Brethren Village resident, associate professor
B. Renee Paul, 86, of Lancaster, passed away Sunday, Jan. 8, 2012 at Brethren Village Retirement Community.
Born in Lavelle, she was the daughter of the late Joseph and Carrie (Fertig) Paul.
Ms. Paul served as sssociate professor of special education at Kutztown University, associate professor of special education at Gwynedd-Mercy College and director of education at the Melmark School in Berwyn. She served as a missionary in Kenya for four years and for two years in Congo (Zaire), both assignments with the Africa Inland Mission. Prior to her work in the mission field, she was a psychologist and served in various teaching positions with the Allentown School District for over 20 years. She served terms on the boards of Waldheim Park Association, Melmark School, Martin Luther School and Brethren Village. She was a former member of St. Matthews Evangelical Congregational Church in Emmaus and a member of Highland Presbyterian Church. Renee volunteered in the Thrift Shop and the Alzheimer Unit at Brethren Village. She was a beloved daughter, sister, and aunt and a kind and loving friend to many. She loved to help people whenever the opportunity was available.
Surviving are a brother: Glenn Paul Sr., of Snellville, Ga.; a nephew: Glenn Paul Jr., of Lawrenceville, Ga.; and two nieces: Pamela Paul Bamberg, of Grayson, Ga.; and Susan Paul Tyler, of Florence, Ky.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. on Jan. 28 at Brethren Village Retirement Community Chapel, 3001 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, with the Rev. Dana Statler and the Rev. Levi Ziegler officiating. Interment will be at Citizen’s Cemetery Association, of Lavelle.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the Brethren Village Alzheimer Units.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.