- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Arthur Z. Wolf102, Akron’s last burgess, worked for Lititz Mutual Insurance
Arthur Z. Wolf, 102, formerly of Akron, Denver and Sebring, Fla., died Saturday, Dec. 17, 2011 at Landis Homes in Lititz.
Born in Akron, he was a son of the late George B. and Mabel (Zwally) Wolf. His wife, Leona G. (Brown) Wolf, died Feb. 6, 1997.
A member of Akron Church of the Brethren, Arthur had been a farmer, an insurance agent with Lititz Mutual and Harleysville insurance companies and worked for Hershey Foods’ Lincoln Milk Plant near Ephrata.
Akron’s last burgess and first mayor (1955 to 1963) and borough permit officer, he also belonged to the Akron Lions Club, was a trustee of Wolf’s Cemetery and secretary of Ephrata Township School District (1945 to 1953).
Surviving are a daughter: Patsy W., wife of John E. Hess, of Lititz; and sons: Jay Wolf, of New Providence; George, husband of Phyllis (Garman) Wolf, of Akron; Vern, husband of Charlotte (Riether) Wolf, of Manheim; and Jesse, husband of Sandra (Gerhart) Wolf, of Lititz; 22 grandchildren; 51 great-grandchildren; 28 great-great-grandchildren; a sister: Elizabeth Shelly, of Ephrata; and brother: Paul Wolf, Colorado.
He was predeceased by a daughter: Nancy Miller; son: Orie Wolf; sisters: Miriam Kachel and Kathryn Shelly; and brothers: Galen and J. Howard Wolf.
Funeral services were held from the East Chapel of Landis Homes, Lititz, on Dec. 21, with Pastors Thomas Weber and Donald Good officiating. Private graveside services were held in Wolf Cemetery, Akron.
It was Arthur’s request that flowers be omitted; contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, is honored to be serving the Wolf Family. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.