- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Arthur Van Gelder 74, engineer, Moravian Manor volunteer
Arthur Van Gelder, 74, of Lititz, passed away Monday, Oct. 29, 2012 at Moravian Manor, Lititz.
He lived in Lititz since 2003 and previously lived in Scranton; Easton; Oxford, Ohio; Newark, N.J.; Tenefly, N.J.; Madison, N.J.; and Midland Park, N.J.
Born in Paterson, N.J., he was the son of Florence McDonald Van Gelder, of Lititz, and the late Arthur Van Gelder. He was the husband of Kay Van Newall Van Gelder.
Arthur received a bachelor of science degree from the University of Pennsylvania and received his PhD in electrical engineering from City College of New York. He was a professor of electrical engineering at various universities. Arthur was an active member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers).
He volunteered at Moravian Manor in Lititz, where he was past president of the residents’ association and served on the board of trustees at that time. He later served on the Moravian Manor finance committee.
Arthur enjoyed playing bridge, listening to classical music and doing crossword puzzles.
Surviving in addition to his wife and mother are two daughters: Linda Van Gelder, of Bethesda, Md.; and Laurie Van Gelder, of Richmond, Calif.; and a brother: James Van Gelder, of Merchantville, N.J.
Arthur’s life celebration service will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, in Arthur’s memory.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Arthur, visit lifecelebration.com.