- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Arline M. Stauffer Lititz Mutual Insurance, Warner Lambert employee
Arline M. Stauffer, 85, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012 at Moravian Manor.
Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., she was the daughter of the late Thomas and Margaret McGarrigle McCarroll, and would have celebrated 40 years of marriage in December with her husband J. Harlan Stauffer.
She was a member of St. James Catholic Church in Lititz, the Legion of Mary and volunteered at bingo, the Christmas bazaar and Meals on Wheels. She was also a member of the Auxiliary of Lititz American Legion Post 56, Harley Davidson International Dressers & Touring Association and H.O.G. Prior to her retirement, she worked for Lititz Mutual Insurance Co. and earlier worked for Warner Lambert.
She is survived by her husband: J. Harlan; children: Francis Miller Jr., of Lititz; Kerry, husband of Lauri Stauffer, of Lititz; Kathryn, wife of Gary Nolt, of Lititz; Kristine Miller, of Lancaster; Sandra, wife of Barry Nelson, of Marietta; 11 grandchildren; and six great- grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her first husband: Francis Miller Sr.; and sons: Thomas and Edward Miller and Randy Stauffer.
Relatives and friends are invited to attend her mass of Christian burial Oct. 11 at 10:30 a.m. at St. James Catholic Church, 505 Woodcrest Ave., Lititz. A viewing will be held Oct. 3 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, 216 S. Broad St., Lititz, with the recitation of the rosary at 6 p.m.
Contributions may be made in her memory to the St. James Men’s Club, or to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. Burial will be private.
For online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.