- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Arlene L. Hehnly 90, Landis Homes and Luther Acres volunteer, LGH housekeeper
Arlene L. Hehnly, 90, passed away Monday, Oct. 1, 2012 at Brethren Village.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Ross and Elizabeth Helwig Almoney, and was married for 69 years to Elvin D. Hehnly of Brethren Village.
Formerly of Lititz, she was a member of Long Memorial United Methodist Church of Neffsville. In earlier years, she worked in the Housekeeping Department at Lancaster General Hospital (LGH). Arlene also did volunteer work at Lancaster General, Landis Homes and Luther Acres. She enjoyed crocheting and going for walks.
She is survived by her husband: Elvin; children: Barbara, wife of Ken Smith, of Manheim; Patrick, husband of Rebecca Hehnly, of Lititz; Deborah Dunn, of Hopeland; Michael, husband of Deborah Hehnly, of Las Vegas, Nev.; grandchildren: Joseph, Joshua, Christopher, Matthew and Jennifer; and great-grandchildren: Stella, Jackson and Jace.
Her funeral service was held Oct. 10 at Brethren Village Chapel, Lancaster. Burial took place in Long Memorial United Methodist Cemetery, Neffsville.
To send online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.