- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Arlene L. Hehnly 90, Landis Homes and Luther Acres volunteer, LGH housekeeper
Arlene L. Hehnly, 90, passed away Monday, Oct. 1, 2012 at Brethren Village.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Ross and Elizabeth Helwig Almoney, and was married for 69 years to Elvin D. Hehnly of Brethren Village.
Formerly of Lititz, she was a member of Long Memorial United Methodist Church of Neffsville. In earlier years, she worked in the Housekeeping Department at Lancaster General Hospital (LGH). Arlene also did volunteer work at Lancaster General, Landis Homes and Luther Acres. She enjoyed crocheting and going for walks.
She is survived by her husband: Elvin; children: Barbara, wife of Ken Smith, of Manheim; Patrick, husband of Rebecca Hehnly, of Lititz; Deborah Dunn, of Hopeland; Michael, husband of Deborah Hehnly, of Las Vegas, Nev.; grandchildren: Joseph, Joshua, Christopher, Matthew and Jennifer; and great-grandchildren: Stella, Jackson and Jace.
Her funeral service was held Oct. 10 at Brethren Village Chapel, Lancaster. Burial took place in Long Memorial United Methodist Cemetery, Neffsville.
To send online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.