- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Annie M. Kensinger 105, Landis Homes resident, homemaker, seamstress
Annie M. Kensinger, 105, formerly of Willow Street, died at Landis Homes Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012.
She was the wife of the late Walter Hicks, who died in 1975, and the late Norman Kensinger, who died in 1993. Raised on a farm in East Lampeter Township, she was the daughter of the late Isaac and Alice (Leaman) Long.
A homemaker, she worked at the former Watt & Shand and Hager’s department stores and as a seamstress at Flexsteel Corporation. Annie was a life member, and oldest member, of Salem Evangelical Reformed, Hellers, Church.
Annie is survived by two sons: W. James , husband of Janet R. Hicks, and Thomas L., husband of Nancy E. Hicks, all of Willow Street; a stepson: Henry, husband of Mary Alice Kensinger, of Penryn; five grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; two step-great grandchildren, and 14 great-great grandchildren.
The viewing will be held on Aug. 16 from 10 until 11 a.m. in Salem Evangelical Reformed Church, Hellers, 2555 Horseshoe Road, Lancaster, PA 17601. The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. in the church with Pastor Bruce Tully officiating. Interment in the adjoining cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Kindly consider sending a contribution in Annie’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or Salem-Hellers, Cemetery, 2555 Horseshoe Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements are being made by Bachman Funeral Home, Strasburg. For more information, visit bachmanfuneral.com.