- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Annie M. Kensinger 105, Landis Homes resident, homemaker, seamstress
Annie M. Kensinger, 105, formerly of Willow Street, died at Landis Homes Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012.
She was the wife of the late Walter Hicks, who died in 1975, and the late Norman Kensinger, who died in 1993. Raised on a farm in East Lampeter Township, she was the daughter of the late Isaac and Alice (Leaman) Long.
A homemaker, she worked at the former Watt & Shand and Hager’s department stores and as a seamstress at Flexsteel Corporation. Annie was a life member, and oldest member, of Salem Evangelical Reformed, Hellers, Church.
Annie is survived by two sons: W. James , husband of Janet R. Hicks, and Thomas L., husband of Nancy E. Hicks, all of Willow Street; a stepson: Henry, husband of Mary Alice Kensinger, of Penryn; five grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; two step-great grandchildren, and 14 great-great grandchildren.
The viewing will be held on Aug. 16 from 10 until 11 a.m. in Salem Evangelical Reformed Church, Hellers, 2555 Horseshoe Road, Lancaster, PA 17601. The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. in the church with Pastor Bruce Tully officiating. Interment in the adjoining cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Kindly consider sending a contribution in Annie’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or Salem-Hellers, Cemetery, 2555 Horseshoe Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements are being made by Bachman Funeral Home, Strasburg. For more information, visit bachmanfuneral.com.