- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Annie M. Kensinger 105, Landis Homes resident, homemaker, seamstress
Annie M. Kensinger, 105, formerly of Willow Street, died at Landis Homes Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012.
She was the wife of the late Walter Hicks, who died in 1975, and the late Norman Kensinger, who died in 1993. Raised on a farm in East Lampeter Township, she was the daughter of the late Isaac and Alice (Leaman) Long.
A homemaker, she worked at the former Watt & Shand and Hager’s department stores and as a seamstress at Flexsteel Corporation. Annie was a life member, and oldest member, of Salem Evangelical Reformed, Hellers, Church.
Annie is survived by two sons: W. James , husband of Janet R. Hicks, and Thomas L., husband of Nancy E. Hicks, all of Willow Street; a stepson: Henry, husband of Mary Alice Kensinger, of Penryn; five grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; two step-great grandchildren, and 14 great-great grandchildren.
The viewing will be held on Aug. 16 from 10 until 11 a.m. in Salem Evangelical Reformed Church, Hellers, 2555 Horseshoe Road, Lancaster, PA 17601. The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. in the church with Pastor Bruce Tully officiating. Interment in the adjoining cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Kindly consider sending a contribution in Annie’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or Salem-Hellers, Cemetery, 2555 Horseshoe Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Arrangements are being made by Bachman Funeral Home, Strasburg. For more information, visit bachmanfuneral.com.