- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Anneliese Spangler 87, Lititz dental assistant, Brethren Village employee
Anneliese Spangler, 87, of Lititz, passed away at her residence Tuesday, July 17, 2012.
Born in Springfield, Ill., she was the daughter of the late Paul W. and Martha L. Rieser. She was married to the late Eugene H. Spangler.
Anneliese worked as a dental assistant for various dentists in the Reading and Lititz areas for 30 years. She also worked part-time at Brethren Village from 1997 to 2003. She was a member of the Ephrata Church of The Nazarene since 1949 and she was a member of the Joy Sunday School Class and the Missionary Society. Anneliese volunteered at Lititz Historical Foundation where she was a tour guide from 1990 to 2011.
Anneliese is survived by her children: David E. Spangler, of Lititz; Mary M., wife of John Krieger, of Andover, Mass.; Timothy J., husband of Linda Filoon Spangler, of King of Prussia; six grandchildren: Jill Ferrieu, Amy Labadie, Elizabeth Holt, Alexa Krieger, Stephanie Spangler and Timothy Spangler Jr; and five great-grandchildren.
Anneliese’s life celebration service was held at Ephrata Church of The Nazarene, Ephrata, on July 21. Interment took place in Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Compassionate Ministries, Ephrata Church of The Nazarene.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share your fondest memories of Anneliese, visit lifecelebration.com.