- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Anneliese Spangler 87, Lititz dental assistant, Brethren Village employee
Anneliese Spangler, 87, of Lititz, passed away at her residence Tuesday, July 17, 2012.
Born in Springfield, Ill., she was the daughter of the late Paul W. and Martha L. Rieser. She was married to the late Eugene H. Spangler.
Anneliese worked as a dental assistant for various dentists in the Reading and Lititz areas for 30 years. She also worked part-time at Brethren Village from 1997 to 2003. She was a member of the Ephrata Church of The Nazarene since 1949 and she was a member of the Joy Sunday School Class and the Missionary Society. Anneliese volunteered at Lititz Historical Foundation where she was a tour guide from 1990 to 2011.
Anneliese is survived by her children: David E. Spangler, of Lititz; Mary M., wife of John Krieger, of Andover, Mass.; Timothy J., husband of Linda Filoon Spangler, of King of Prussia; six grandchildren: Jill Ferrieu, Amy Labadie, Elizabeth Holt, Alexa Krieger, Stephanie Spangler and Timothy Spangler Jr; and five great-grandchildren.
Anneliese’s life celebration service was held at Ephrata Church of The Nazarene, Ephrata, on July 21. Interment took place in Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Compassionate Ministries, Ephrata Church of The Nazarene.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share your fondest memories of Anneliese, visit lifecelebration.com.