- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Anna Weaver Huber, 96, taught Sunday School at Hammer Creek Mennonite Church
Anna Weaver Huber, 96, of 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, formerly of 8 Bomberger Road, died peacefully at Landis Homes Saturday, July 19, 2014.
Born in East Lampeter Township, she was the wife of the late B. Landis Huber, who died in 2009. She was the daughter of the late Daniel B. and Fanny Hershey Weaver.
A member of Hammer Creek Mennonite Church, Anna formerly was a Sunday School teacher. At one time she also volunteered for the Ephrata Re-Uzit Shop and Meals on Wheels. Anna also enjoyed doing cross stitch, and growing flowers.
She is survived by two children: Joyce Huber, Hesston, Kansas, and Norma, wife of James Strite, East Petersburg; two grandchildren: David, husband of Lisa Croft Strite, and Rebecca Strite; and three great-grandchildren: Matthew, Joshua, and Emily Strite.
She was preceded in death by nine siblings; Hershey H. Weaver, Enos B. Weaver, Clarence D. Weaver, Daniel B. Weaver, Elmer P. Weaver and Lester T. Weaver, Esther M. Martin, Lydia H. Rohrer, and Mary E. Gehman.
Relatives and friends are invited to attend Anna’s Life Celebration Service at the West Bethany Chapel of Landis Homes, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, on July 24 at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Hammer Creek Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the Landis Homes Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543 or Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125
The arrangements have been entrusted to Spacht Life Celebration Home. Visit lifecelebration.com.