- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Anna R. Shelly
97, former secretary; worked
for Luther Acres
Anna R. Shelly, 97, of Lititz, formerly of Akron, passed away Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013, at Hospice & Community Care in Mount Joy. Anna was a resident of Landis Homes Retirement Community for 18 years.
She was born in Stevens, the daughter of the late Christian and Esther (Rissler) Shelly.
Anna was a member of the Denver Mennonite Church. She worked as a secretary for the White Indiana Service, truck dealership, in Lancaster, for many years. She later worked in the food service department at Luther Acres in Lititz.
Anna is survived by a son: James C. Shelly, husband of Karen Shelly Smucker of Meridian, Idaho; two granddaughters: Patricia Shelly of Akron and Joann, wife of Gerald Wenger of Kunia, Idaho and three great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, Anna was preceded in death by daughter-in-law: Gloria (Kreider) Shelly; three brothers: Aaron, Jacob, and John Shelly and a sister: Esther Shelly.
A viewing will be held Oct. 3 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Bethany West Chapel-Landis Homes,1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz. Funeral services will be held Oct. 4 at 10 a.m. at the Denver Mennonite Church, 95 Monroe St., Denver, with officiating ministry Harold Good, Wilmer Weaver, Luke Sensenig and Ray Auker.
Interment will take place in the Denver Mennonite Church Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.