- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Anna R. Shelly
97, former secretary; worked
for Luther Acres
Anna R. Shelly, 97, of Lititz, formerly of Akron, passed away Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013, at Hospice & Community Care in Mount Joy. Anna was a resident of Landis Homes Retirement Community for 18 years.
She was born in Stevens, the daughter of the late Christian and Esther (Rissler) Shelly.
Anna was a member of the Denver Mennonite Church. She worked as a secretary for the White Indiana Service, truck dealership, in Lancaster, for many years. She later worked in the food service department at Luther Acres in Lititz.
Anna is survived by a son: James C. Shelly, husband of Karen Shelly Smucker of Meridian, Idaho; two granddaughters: Patricia Shelly of Akron and Joann, wife of Gerald Wenger of Kunia, Idaho and three great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, Anna was preceded in death by daughter-in-law: Gloria (Kreider) Shelly; three brothers: Aaron, Jacob, and John Shelly and a sister: Esther Shelly.
A viewing will be held Oct. 3 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Bethany West Chapel-Landis Homes,1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz. Funeral services will be held Oct. 4 at 10 a.m. at the Denver Mennonite Church, 95 Monroe St., Denver, with officiating ministry Harold Good, Wilmer Weaver, Luke Sensenig and Ray Auker.
Interment will take place in the Denver Mennonite Church Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.