- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Anna M. MetzgerArmstrong Cork retiree
Anna M. Metzger
Anna M. Metzger passed this life peacefully with family by her side Monday, Aug. 22, 2011. Mrs. Metzger was formerly of Frederica, Del., and Lititz, but for the past year and a half she was a resident of Emeritus at Dover (formerly Green Meadows).
Mrs. Metzger was born in Kempton on Nov. 25, 1921, daughter of Elmer E. Henry and Alma (Kunkel) Henry. She was preceded in death by her parents and her loving husband of 53 years, Harry F. Metzger, in 1997.
She retired from Armstrong Cork Company.
She is survived by her son: Brian A. Metzger, husband of Jane (Slade) Metzger, of Oxford, Miss.; her daughter: Judy M. Kaufman, wife of James E. Kaufman, of Smyrna, Del.; her beloved grandchildren: Wendy L. Kaufman, of Louisville, Ky.; and Kevin E. Kaufman, of Davidson, N.C.; a niece; three nephews; cousins; and their families.
A graveside service was held on Aug. 26 at Erb’s Mennonite Church Cemetery, Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to The Salvation Army, 611 Forest St., Dover, DE 19904.
Arrangements were made by Trader Funeral Home Inc., 12 Lotus St., Dover, DE 19901. Letters of condolence may be sent to traderfhaol.com.