- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Anna B. Gingrich78, Rothsville Fire Co. volunteer, Rabbit Hiller
Anna Belle "Ann" Gingrich, 78, of Rothsville, passed away at her residence after a brief illness and under the kind and compassionate care of Hospice of Lancaster County Sunday, Dec. 25, 2011.
Born in Kirkwood, she was the daughter of the late Elwood E. Sr. and Bertha LeFevre Evans and was the wife of the late Daniel F. Gingrich Sr., who died in 2007.
Anna was a member of Salem United Methodist Church, Rothsville. She enjoyed baking and preparing food for Rothsville Fire Company functions, was a member of the Rabbit Hillers of Rothsville and looked forward to taking part in their activities. Most of all, she loved being surrounded by her family and friends and was known for her generosity and caring nature. She worked for many years for Hess Bros. Fruit Co. in Leola. In addition to spending time with her grandchildren, she enjoyed knitting dish cloths and bird watching.
She is survived by her son: Daniel F. Jr., husband of Laura Gingrich, of Lancaster; daughters: Barbara A., wife of David Singer, and Nancy E., wife of G. Thomas O’Conor, all of Lititz; grandchildren: Amy, wife of Samir Bitar; Cynthia Gingrich; and Clarissa and Daniel O’Conor; brothers: John, husband of Audrey Evans, of Ronks; and Charles, husband of Berta Evans, of Menlo, Ga.; and sisters: Helen, wife of Jay Rettew, of Manheim; and Bertha, wife of Jack Creasy, of New Providence.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Elwood Evans.
Funeral services will be held on Dec. 30 at 10 a.m. at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, 216 S. Broad St., Lititz, with the Rev. David Unangst officiating. Burial will be in Jerusalem Lutheran Cemetery, Rothsville.
In lieu of flowers, remember Ann with a contribution to Salem United Methodist Church, 1744 Old Rothsville, Road, Lititz; or to Rothsville Fire Co., 2071 Main St., Lititz.
To send online condolences, visit: richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.