- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ann M. Halloway
93, served in Army’s Women’s Auxiliary Corps.
Ann M. Halloway, 93, of Lancaster, previously of Rothsville, passed away Monday, May 13, at Homestead Village in Lancaster. Born in Coatesville, she was the daughter of the late Howard E. and Erma Nuttal Winward. Ann was the wife of the late Leslie E. Halloway, who passed away in 1995.
Ann graduated as valedictorian from Parkesburg High School in 1937. She entered military service in 1942 with the United States Army, Women’s Auxiliary Corps, stationed at Camp Crowder in Missouri.
Ann had worked for the West Chester Post Office, and then later with Watt and Shand as a sales clerk, until she retired in 1976. She was a former member of Rothsville United Methodist Church and the American Legion, Post #56 in Lititz.
Ann will be lovingly remembered by her daughter: Linda L., wife of John Marinari, Jr. of Millersville; her granddaughter: Melanie R., wife of Jeffrey Sturgis; her great-grandchildren: Destiny and Aiden Sturgis; and her nephew: Steve Winward. She was preceded in death by her brother: Elmer Winward, and her sister: Betty Jacobs.
Relatives and friends are respectfully attended her life celebration service at Fred F. Groff Inc., Lancaster, on May 17 with the Rev. Roseann M. Goldberg officiating. Interment was held at Glen Run Cemetery, Atglen.
To share a fond memory of Ann, please visit.lifecelebration.com.