- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
Andre Shavel59, Manheim VFW member, HVAC technician
Andre Shavel, 59, of Manheim passed away at home Sunday, March 25, 2012.
Born in Bellerose, N.Y., he was the son of the late Joseph and Helen Flusik Shavel. He was the husband of Loretta Cayea Shavel, and they celebrated their fourth wedding anniversary in September of last year.
He worked as an HVAC technician for 18 years at Frey Lutz Corporation, Lancaster. Andre was a member of Elstonville Sportsmen Association, Dela-Ches Fishing Association and a social member of the Manheim VFW Post 5956. He enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Surviving in addition to his wife are two sons: Andrew Shavel, of Philadelphia; and John Shavel, of York; two brothers: John, husband of Claudine Lavelle, of Florida; and Joe Shavel, companion of Donna Berini, of Melville, N.Y.; and a sister: Roseanne, wife of Richard Luchese, of Fayetteville, N.Y.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend a memorial gathering in Andre’s memory at the Manheim VFW, 149 South Charlotte St., Manheim, March 31 from 7 to 10 p.m. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Andre’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.