- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Amy L. Ober53, Manheim Central grad, sang in church choir
Amy L. Ober, 53, of Manheim, passed away peacefully at home Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2011.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late A. Lincoln and Virginia Reider Sides. She was the wife of Edward C. "Ed" Ober and they celebrated their 32nd wedding anniversary in June of this year.
Amy graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1977.
She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, Manheim, where she sang in the church choir. She enjoyed camping, traveling to the beach and she was active with Mothers of Barons.
Surviving in addition to her husband are three sons: Eric C., husband of Jayme Ober, of Lititz; Jeremy L. Ober, of Manheim; and Jonah C., husband of Suzanne Ober, of Harleysville; two granddaughters: Jayna and Ella; and two brothers: Joel C., husband of Alice Sides, and Alan L., husband of Janet Sides, both of Manheim.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Kerry L. Sides; and a sister: Lori Sides.
Her funeral service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Dec. 28, with Pastor Jeffrey C. Schell officiating. Interment took place in Hernley Mennonite Cemetery, Rapho Township.
In lieu of flowers, those desiring may send contributions in Amy’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125; or Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottnan Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19111.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.