- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Amy L. Ober53, Manheim Central grad, sang in church choir
Amy L. Ober, 53, of Manheim, passed away peacefully at home Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2011.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late A. Lincoln and Virginia Reider Sides. She was the wife of Edward C. "Ed" Ober and they celebrated their 32nd wedding anniversary in June of this year.
Amy graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1977.
She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church, Manheim, where she sang in the church choir. She enjoyed camping, traveling to the beach and she was active with Mothers of Barons.
Surviving in addition to her husband are three sons: Eric C., husband of Jayme Ober, of Lititz; Jeremy L. Ober, of Manheim; and Jonah C., husband of Suzanne Ober, of Harleysville; two granddaughters: Jayna and Ella; and two brothers: Joel C., husband of Alice Sides, and Alan L., husband of Janet Sides, both of Manheim.
She was preceded in death by a brother: Kerry L. Sides; and a sister: Lori Sides.
Her funeral service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Dec. 28, with Pastor Jeffrey C. Schell officiating. Interment took place in Hernley Mennonite Cemetery, Rapho Township.
In lieu of flowers, those desiring may send contributions in Amy’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125; or Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottnan Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19111.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.