- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Amy and Ava Saylor Murphy 24 and 9 months, formerly of Lititz/Manheim area
Mrs. Amy Saylor Murphy, age 24, and her infant daughter, Ava Saylor Murphy, age 9 months, of Kenbridge, Va., died Friday, Aug. 10, 2012 near Bracey, Va., as the result of an auto accident.
Amy was a Lititz native and was born on Easter Sunday morning, April 3, 1988. She attended Warwick High School and graduated from Manheim Central in 2006. She married her husband, Rusty, in Key West last December and the couple settled in Virginia. She was a loving stay-at-home mother.
Both Amy and Ava are survived by their husband and father: "Rusty" Murphy; Amy’s parents and Ava’s grandparents: Terry and Connie Saylor, of Lititz; Amy’s grandfather and Ava’s great grandfather: Clyde, husband of Rose Saylor, of Lancaster; Amy’s brother and Ava’s uncle: Justin B. Saylor, of Charlotte, N.C.; and Ava’s great-grandmother: Amarylis Allred, of Greensboro, N.C.
A memorial service will be held on Aug. 18 at 1 p.m. in the Lititz Moravian Church. Internment will follow in the Lititz Moravian Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the church from 11 a.m. until the hour of the service. A luncheon will follow.
Crowder-Hite-Crews Funeral Home and Crematory is in charge of the arrangements. Online condolences may be sent to crowderhitecrews.com.