- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Amy and Ava Saylor Murphy 24 and 9 months, formerly of Lititz/Manheim area
Mrs. Amy Saylor Murphy, age 24, and her infant daughter, Ava Saylor Murphy, age 9 months, of Kenbridge, Va., died Friday, Aug. 10, 2012 near Bracey, Va., as the result of an auto accident.
Amy was a Lititz native and was born on Easter Sunday morning, April 3, 1988. She attended Warwick High School and graduated from Manheim Central in 2006. She married her husband, Rusty, in Key West last December and the couple settled in Virginia. She was a loving stay-at-home mother.
Both Amy and Ava are survived by their husband and father: "Rusty" Murphy; Amy’s parents and Ava’s grandparents: Terry and Connie Saylor, of Lititz; Amy’s grandfather and Ava’s great grandfather: Clyde, husband of Rose Saylor, of Lancaster; Amy’s brother and Ava’s uncle: Justin B. Saylor, of Charlotte, N.C.; and Ava’s great-grandmother: Amarylis Allred, of Greensboro, N.C.
A memorial service will be held on Aug. 18 at 1 p.m. in the Lititz Moravian Church. Internment will follow in the Lititz Moravian Cemetery. The family will receive friends at the church from 11 a.m. until the hour of the service. A luncheon will follow.
Crowder-Hite-Crews Funeral Home and Crematory is in charge of the arrangements. Online condolences may be sent to crowderhitecrews.com.