- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Amos P. Landis 80, farmer, enjoyed outdoors and bird watching
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Walter and Ruth (Peiffer) Landis.
He was a meticulous farmer who grew cash crops and raised beef cattle on his farm.
Amos was a kind man who loved his pets, the outdoors, and bird watching. He attended Neffsville Mennonite Church and Highland Presbyterian Church.
He is survived by his two daughters: Lisa Landis of Lancaster; son: Jonathan Landis of Bird-In-Hand; brother: Daniel Landis, husband of Lois of Leola; grandchildren: Marquise Landis and Ashley McNeil; and former wife: Sara Ann Landis of Bird-In-Hand.
Amos was preceded in death by his brother: John Walter Landis and sister: Alma Myers.
A funeral service was held in the Chapel at Brethren Village, Lancaster, March 1.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.