- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Alverta S. Hostetter90, Brunnerville church nursery volunteer, enjoyed traveling
Alverta S. Hostetter, 90, of Lititz, passed away at Lancaster General Hospital Wednesday, May 2, 2012.
Born in Lititz, she was the daughter of the late Harvey Eberly and Sallie Strauss Snavely, and the wife of the late Lester A. Hostetter.
Alverta was a member of the Brunnerville United Methodist Church. She had an interest in caring for little children and helped in the church nursery. She especially enjoyed playing games with her great grandchildren, was a terrific gardener, an avid reader, played pinochle and did knitting and sewing. While in Silver Spring, Fla., for the winter she worked in the Thrift Shop at Ocklawaha United Methodist Church. She was a member of the Friends and Neighbors Fan Trailer Club as she also had an interest in traveling.
Survivors include her daughters: Claudia M. Hostetter, wife of Daniel K. Bare, of Lancaster; Pamela H. Hjelm, of Lititz; grandchildren: Sean and Eric Hjelm, Sandra Aloguin and Angela Irato; 15 great- grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and a sister: Miriam, wife of Jefferson Zoller, of Brunnerville.
She was preceded in death by a daughter: Sandra Sue; and a brother: Harry.
Funeral Services were held on May 5 at Brunnerville United Methodist Church, Lititz. Burial took place in Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery. Contributions may be made in her memory to Schreiber Pediatric Rehab Center, Financial Development Office, 625 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603, or to the Lititz Public Library, 651 Kissel Hill Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.