- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Alta E. Adams98, homemaker, Watt & Shand retiree
Alta E. Adams, 98, of York, formerly of Lititz, passed away Saturday, June 2, 2012 at Manor Care Nursing Home, York.
She was the wife of the late Roy L. Adams, who died in 2003. Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Christian M. and Mable Weinhold Zuck.
Alta was a homemaker, although she retired from Watt & Shand, where she worked as a salesperson. She was a member of St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lititz.
Surviving are two sons: Fred G., husband of Patricia Adams, of Lititz; and R. Lynn, husband of Susan Adams, of York; two grandchildren: Deanna Adams, of Michigan; and Melissa, wife of Hugh Montgomery, of Manheim; and two great-grandchildren: Hugh and Rebecca Montgomery.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Services and interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Heartland Hospice, 3417 Concord Road, Suite C, York, PA 17402.
To share fondest memories of Alta, visit lifecelebration.com. Arrangements are being made by Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz.