- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Almeda H. Oberholtzer92, Colonial Shoe retiree, Mount Hope Nazarene resident
Almeda H. Oberholtzer, 92, of Maytown, formerly of Mount Joy, passed away Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in West Donegal Township, she was the daughter of the late Harry D. and Stella (Haldeman) Oberholtzer.
A seamstress, Almeda had been employed by several area shoe factories and was retired from the Colonial Shoe Factory in Salunga. She enjoyed knitting and crocheting, and loved flower gardening.
She is survived by a sister: Thelma H. Oberholtzer, of Maytown; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Almeda was preceded in death by three brothers: Roy H., Marlin H. and Clarence H. Oberholtzer; and one sister: Mildred H. Cunningham.
A funeral service was held March 16 at Miller/Sekely Funeral Services, Elizabethtown. Interment followed in Mount Tunnel Cemetery, Elizabethtown.