- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Almeda H. Oberholtzer92, Colonial Shoe retiree, Mount Hope Nazarene resident
Almeda H. Oberholtzer, 92, of Maytown, formerly of Mount Joy, passed away Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in West Donegal Township, she was the daughter of the late Harry D. and Stella (Haldeman) Oberholtzer.
A seamstress, Almeda had been employed by several area shoe factories and was retired from the Colonial Shoe Factory in Salunga. She enjoyed knitting and crocheting, and loved flower gardening.
She is survived by a sister: Thelma H. Oberholtzer, of Maytown; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Almeda was preceded in death by three brothers: Roy H., Marlin H. and Clarence H. Oberholtzer; and one sister: Mildred H. Cunningham.
A funeral service was held March 16 at Miller/Sekely Funeral Services, Elizabethtown. Interment followed in Mount Tunnel Cemetery, Elizabethtown.