- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
Almeda H. Oberholtzer92, Colonial Shoe retiree, Mount Hope Nazarene resident
Almeda H. Oberholtzer, 92, of Maytown, formerly of Mount Joy, passed away Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in West Donegal Township, she was the daughter of the late Harry D. and Stella (Haldeman) Oberholtzer.
A seamstress, Almeda had been employed by several area shoe factories and was retired from the Colonial Shoe Factory in Salunga. She enjoyed knitting and crocheting, and loved flower gardening.
She is survived by a sister: Thelma H. Oberholtzer, of Maytown; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Almeda was preceded in death by three brothers: Roy H., Marlin H. and Clarence H. Oberholtzer; and one sister: Mildred H. Cunningham.
A funeral service was held March 16 at Miller/Sekely Funeral Services, Elizabethtown. Interment followed in Mount Tunnel Cemetery, Elizabethtown.