- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Almeda H. Oberholtzer92, Colonial Shoe retiree, Mount Hope Nazarene resident
Almeda H. Oberholtzer, 92, of Maytown, formerly of Mount Joy, passed away Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at Mount Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in West Donegal Township, she was the daughter of the late Harry D. and Stella (Haldeman) Oberholtzer.
A seamstress, Almeda had been employed by several area shoe factories and was retired from the Colonial Shoe Factory in Salunga. She enjoyed knitting and crocheting, and loved flower gardening.
She is survived by a sister: Thelma H. Oberholtzer, of Maytown; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Almeda was preceded in death by three brothers: Roy H., Marlin H. and Clarence H. Oberholtzer; and one sister: Mildred H. Cunningham.
A funeral service was held March 16 at Miller/Sekely Funeral Services, Elizabethtown. Interment followed in Mount Tunnel Cemetery, Elizabethtown.