- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Allen W. Weaver 83, Lititz, retired farmer
Allen W. Weaver, 83, of Lititz, entered into rest at home Thursday, Dec. 27, 2012, after an illness of cancer for ten months.
He was born in West Earl Township, son of the late Phares and Ella (Wenger) Weaver and was the husband of Bertha (Zimmerman) Weaver. They had celebrated sixty-two years of marriage.
A retired farmer, he was a member of the Meadow Valley Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference.
In addition to his wife, he is survived three sons: Marvin, husband of Elizabeth (Burkholder) Weaver; Carl, husband of Marlene (Weaver) Weaver, both of Lititz; Lester, husband of Lucy (Oberholtzer) Weaver of Newmanstown; three daughters: Darlene, wife of Mark Kurtz of Mifflinburg; Janice, wife of Glenn Snyder of Denver; Marie, wife of Marlin Wenger of Manheim; five brothers: Paul, husband of Laura Weaver; Norman, husband of Violetta Weaver, both of Lititz; Phares, husband of the late Ruth Weaver of Ephrata; Harland, husband of the late Mary Etta Weaver of Manheim; Landis, husband of Edna Weaver of Ephrata; three sisters: Esther, wife of Noah Sensenig of Quarryville; Martha wife of Marvin Nolt of Peach Bottom; Ellen, wife of Elmer Martin of Ephrata; 33 grandchildren; and 65 great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by one grandson; one brother: Clarence Weaver; and three sisters: Mary Martin, Alta Weaver and Anna Weaver.
Funeral services were held from the Midway Mennonite Reception Center, Lititz, on Dec. 31 and further services at Meadow Valley Mennonite Church, Ephrata Township, with Bishop Lester B. Martin and ministers Gary Zimmerman, Elam Ray Martin and John Martin officiating. Kindly omit flowers.
Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata.