- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Alice M. ‘Toot’ Detweiler
96, Brethren Village resident, former secretary
Alice M. Detweiler, 96, of Brethren Village, formerly of Leola, went home to be with the Lord Monday, Dec. 16, 2013.
She was the wife of the late Lester E. Detweiler who died in 1994. Mrs. Detweiler was born in Brownstown and was the daughter of the late Henry and Elizabeth McNamee Kissinger.
She had been a secretary at the former Shorenson Company in Brownstown. She was a member of the Emmanuel United Methodist Church in Brownstown, Ephrata Senior Citizens, and enjoyed yarn cross-stitching.
She is survived by grandchildren: Tina, married to Todd Shultz, Lancaster; Scott, married to Billie Lue Detweiler, Landisville; Troy Detweiler, Levittown and six great-grandchildren. Her son: Jan L. Detweiler and two sisters: Luella Landis and Bettie Trechel, preceded her in death.
The funeral was held Dec. 21 at Furman Home for Funerals, Leola, with interment following in Brownstown Cemetery.