- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Alice M. ‘Toot’ Detweiler
96, Brethren Village resident, former secretary
Alice M. Detweiler, 96, of Brethren Village, formerly of Leola, went home to be with the Lord Monday, Dec. 16, 2013.
She was the wife of the late Lester E. Detweiler who died in 1994. Mrs. Detweiler was born in Brownstown and was the daughter of the late Henry and Elizabeth McNamee Kissinger.
She had been a secretary at the former Shorenson Company in Brownstown. She was a member of the Emmanuel United Methodist Church in Brownstown, Ephrata Senior Citizens, and enjoyed yarn cross-stitching.
She is survived by grandchildren: Tina, married to Todd Shultz, Lancaster; Scott, married to Billie Lue Detweiler, Landisville; Troy Detweiler, Levittown and six great-grandchildren. Her son: Jan L. Detweiler and two sisters: Luella Landis and Bettie Trechel, preceded her in death.
The funeral was held Dec. 21 at Furman Home for Funerals, Leola, with interment following in Brownstown Cemetery.