- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Alice M. ‘Toot’ Detweiler
96, Brethren Village resident, former secretary
Alice M. Detweiler, 96, of Brethren Village, formerly of Leola, went home to be with the Lord Monday, Dec. 16, 2013.
She was the wife of the late Lester E. Detweiler who died in 1994. Mrs. Detweiler was born in Brownstown and was the daughter of the late Henry and Elizabeth McNamee Kissinger.
She had been a secretary at the former Shorenson Company in Brownstown. She was a member of the Emmanuel United Methodist Church in Brownstown, Ephrata Senior Citizens, and enjoyed yarn cross-stitching.
She is survived by grandchildren: Tina, married to Todd Shultz, Lancaster; Scott, married to Billie Lue Detweiler, Landisville; Troy Detweiler, Levittown and six great-grandchildren. Her son: Jan L. Detweiler and two sisters: Luella Landis and Bettie Trechel, preceded her in death.
The funeral was held Dec. 21 at Furman Home for Funerals, Leola, with interment following in Brownstown Cemetery.