- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Alexander M. McDermottSt. James member, ACME Markets employee
Alexander M. McDermott, of Lititz, passed away Sunday, March 11, 2012 at the Essa Flory Hospice Center.
He was the husband of Mary Anne "Maureen" McDermott, with whom he would have celebrated 56 years of marriage April 3. Born in Ballyhubert, County Rosscommon, Ireland, he was the son of the late Bernard and Kate Greally McDermott.
Alexander had worked for ACME Markets in Philadelphia for 40 years until retiring in 2004. He was a member of St. James Catholic Church.
In addition to his wife, Maureen, he is survived by his three children: Brian J., husband of Mary Theresa McDermott, of Scottsdale, Ariz.; Mary Patricia, wife of Gary Wenger, of Lititz; and Michael A. McDermott, of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his sister: May McDermott.
Services will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Make memorial contributions in Alexander’s memory to St. James Catholic Church, 505 Woodcrest Ave., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.