- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Albert H. Richmond 91, World War II veteran
Albert H. Richmond, 91, of Lititz, died Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013 at Luther Acres, where he has resided for the past 12 years.
He was the husband of Betty Danielsen Richmond. His first wife, the late Charlotte H. Grove Richmond, died in 1995. Born in York, he was the son of the late Albert E. and Jennie Fair Richmond.
Albert retired in 1986 from the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, where he had been employed as an electrician for 45 years.
He was a member of the Pearl Street United Methodist Church, where he sang in the choir. He also enjoyed gardening and cooking.
Albert served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Surviving besides his wife are two daughters: Marilyn, wife of Barry Erb of Ephrata; and Janice, wife of Michael Malloy of Bensalem; three grandchildren; a sister: Virginia Maloy of York; and a brother: Robert, husband of Freda Richmond, of York. He was preceded in death by a brother: Bill Richmond and by two sisters: Evelyn Zolotorow and Ruth Spangler.
A funeral service was held Jan. 30 at the Chapel at Luther Acres, 600 E. Main St., with the Rev. Debra Schreiber officiating. Interment was in Conestoga Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in his memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.