- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Albert E. Miller94, owned farm on Hossler Road
Albert E. Miller, 94, of Manheim, went home to be with the Lord Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012 at the Pleasant View Retirement Community.
Born in Maytown, he was the son of the late Arthur K. and Katie Ebersole Miller. He was the loving husband of the late Kathryn Nissley Miller who died in 2007.
A lifelong farmer, Albert was the owner and operator of his own farm on Hossler Road in Rapho Township. He was a member of Hernley Mennonite Church, Manheim, and was active at the church as Sunday school teacher, song leader and with the men’s quartet singing group. He also participated with the Manheim Area Chorus. He enjoyed watching baseball.
Surviving is a son: J. Mervin, husband of Anna Mae Shirk Miller, of Lititz; a daughter: Janet M., wife of Kenneth S. Dombach, of Manheim; a daughter-in-law: Betty L. Miller, currently living in Florida; 10 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; three great-great granddaughters; and two brothers: David E. Miller, of Lititz; and Arthur E., husband of Ruth Miller, of Palmyra.
Preceding him in death is a son: Lester E. Miller; infant son: Dennis L. Miller; and a brother: Paul E. Miller.
His memorial service was held at the Hernley Mennonite Church, Manheim, Feb. 29. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family in the adjoining church cemetery.
Those desiring may send contributions in Albert’s memory to the Pleasant View Retirement Community Benevolent Care Endowment Fund, 544 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.