- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Albert E. Miller94, owned farm on Hossler Road
Albert E. Miller, 94, of Manheim, went home to be with the Lord Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012 at the Pleasant View Retirement Community.
Born in Maytown, he was the son of the late Arthur K. and Katie Ebersole Miller. He was the loving husband of the late Kathryn Nissley Miller who died in 2007.
A lifelong farmer, Albert was the owner and operator of his own farm on Hossler Road in Rapho Township. He was a member of Hernley Mennonite Church, Manheim, and was active at the church as Sunday school teacher, song leader and with the men’s quartet singing group. He also participated with the Manheim Area Chorus. He enjoyed watching baseball.
Surviving is a son: J. Mervin, husband of Anna Mae Shirk Miller, of Lititz; a daughter: Janet M., wife of Kenneth S. Dombach, of Manheim; a daughter-in-law: Betty L. Miller, currently living in Florida; 10 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; three great-great granddaughters; and two brothers: David E. Miller, of Lititz; and Arthur E., husband of Ruth Miller, of Palmyra.
Preceding him in death is a son: Lester E. Miller; infant son: Dennis L. Miller; and a brother: Paul E. Miller.
His memorial service was held at the Hernley Mennonite Church, Manheim, Feb. 29. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family in the adjoining church cemetery.
Those desiring may send contributions in Albert’s memory to the Pleasant View Retirement Community Benevolent Care Endowment Fund, 544 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.