- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Abram M. Shenk 92, farmer, machine operator
Abram M. Shenk, 92, of Luther Acres, Lititz, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2012 at Luther Acres.
Born in Manor Township Aug. 21, 1920, he was the son of the late Clayton R. and Elizabeth F. (Sangrey) Shenk. He was married to the late Agnes H. Shenk, who passed away Oct. 12, 2008.
He was a member of Calvary Church, Lancaster, and was a poultry farmer for Miller & Bushong in Rohrerstown, and later worked as a machine operator at Black & Decker for 17 years, retiring in 1983. He enjoyed his family and making a family genealogy scrapbook. He also enjoyed doing projects and watching NASCAR.
He is survived by a son: A. Kenneth, husband of Doris (Harnish) Shenk, of Lititz; and a daughter, G. Jean, wife of Harold B. Wissler, of New Holland; five grandchildren: Lori, Duane, Deb, Darla and Shelley; 11 great-grandchildren; one great-great grandchild; one brother: Paul Shenk, of California; and two sisters: Myrtle Potter, of Florida; and Naomi Funk, of Columbia.
He was preceded in death by four brothers: Landis, Clayton, Benjamin and Raymond.
A funeral service was held Sept. 7 at Luther Acres Chapel of the Good Samaritan with Rev. David Allen officiating. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Calvary Church Missions Fund, Calvary Church, 1051 Landis Valley Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.