- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Abram M. Shenk 92, farmer, machine operator
Abram M. Shenk, 92, of Luther Acres, Lititz, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2012 at Luther Acres.
Born in Manor Township Aug. 21, 1920, he was the son of the late Clayton R. and Elizabeth F. (Sangrey) Shenk. He was married to the late Agnes H. Shenk, who passed away Oct. 12, 2008.
He was a member of Calvary Church, Lancaster, and was a poultry farmer for Miller & Bushong in Rohrerstown, and later worked as a machine operator at Black & Decker for 17 years, retiring in 1983. He enjoyed his family and making a family genealogy scrapbook. He also enjoyed doing projects and watching NASCAR.
He is survived by a son: A. Kenneth, husband of Doris (Harnish) Shenk, of Lititz; and a daughter, G. Jean, wife of Harold B. Wissler, of New Holland; five grandchildren: Lori, Duane, Deb, Darla and Shelley; 11 great-grandchildren; one great-great grandchild; one brother: Paul Shenk, of California; and two sisters: Myrtle Potter, of Florida; and Naomi Funk, of Columbia.
He was preceded in death by four brothers: Landis, Clayton, Benjamin and Raymond.
A funeral service was held Sept. 7 at Luther Acres Chapel of the Good Samaritan with Rev. David Allen officiating. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Calvary Church Missions Fund, Calvary Church, 1051 Landis Valley Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.