- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Abram M. Shenk 92, farmer, machine operator
Abram M. Shenk, 92, of Luther Acres, Lititz, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2012 at Luther Acres.
Born in Manor Township Aug. 21, 1920, he was the son of the late Clayton R. and Elizabeth F. (Sangrey) Shenk. He was married to the late Agnes H. Shenk, who passed away Oct. 12, 2008.
He was a member of Calvary Church, Lancaster, and was a poultry farmer for Miller & Bushong in Rohrerstown, and later worked as a machine operator at Black & Decker for 17 years, retiring in 1983. He enjoyed his family and making a family genealogy scrapbook. He also enjoyed doing projects and watching NASCAR.
He is survived by a son: A. Kenneth, husband of Doris (Harnish) Shenk, of Lititz; and a daughter, G. Jean, wife of Harold B. Wissler, of New Holland; five grandchildren: Lori, Duane, Deb, Darla and Shelley; 11 great-grandchildren; one great-great grandchild; one brother: Paul Shenk, of California; and two sisters: Myrtle Potter, of Florida; and Naomi Funk, of Columbia.
He was preceded in death by four brothers: Landis, Clayton, Benjamin and Raymond.
A funeral service was held Sept. 7 at Luther Acres Chapel of the Good Samaritan with Rev. David Allen officiating. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Calvary Church Missions Fund, Calvary Church, 1051 Landis Valley Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.