- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Talk of the town Will there be a new Lady in the neighborhood?
Lady Gaga sightings have been hot gossip around Lititz since the celebrity singer/songwriter was spotted at a few local restaurants and pubs, and in recent weeks the word is that she may be buying a home in the area.
CBS 21 News in Harrisburg recently reported that Gaga was spotted looking at a $1.7 million, 6,000 square foot Oak Hill Road home in the gated Bent Creek community in Manheim Township, an exclusive upscale neighborhood just a few miles west of Lititz.
On Tuesday, philly.com posed the question, Is the singer turning in her mic for a career in dairy farming?
No, the website claims:
"She wants to be closer to her beau, ‘Vampire Diaries’ actor Taylor Kinney, who hails from the fine city of Lancaster."
According to the Lancaster Sunday News, there are no court records, to date, of Lady Gaga purchasing real estate in the county. But Marilyn Berger, an agent with Prudential Homesale Services Group, said that although she is not working directly with Gaga, there has been talk of if and when the performer might decide to take action.
The superstar was first spotted in Lancaster in September with her boyfriend, Kinney, who is a 2000 graduate of Lancaster Mennonite High School. Kinney was home visiting at that time for his grandmother’s funeral.
Gaga met him while filming her music video, "You & I."
As Gaga continues to pop up around the area, social media has also allowed word of her location to spread quickly across the county. The most recent sighting of "Mother Monster," as she is know to her fans, was in the meat aisle of a local Giant grocery store.
More and more people are on the lookout for her extravagant fashions and platform heels, as she has also been seen at 915 Cafe on North Plum Street in Lancaster, as well as the Log Cabin Restaurant in Warwick Township and the Bulls Head Pub in Lititz.