- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Students select Halloween Queens Annual Lions Club parade set for Oct. 24
Warwick High School students recently selected three queens to represent Lititz’s annual Halloween parade.
Savannah Watkins, Taylor Calta and Julia Loose — also members of this week’s homecoming court — will be joined by "ghosts," "goblins," "super heroes" and other costumed parade participants as they march through downtown Lititz on Monday, Oct. 24.
The parade, sponsored by the Lititz Lions Club, will start at 7 p.m. at the corner of East Main and Cedar streets. It will proceed on Main to Broad Street, south on Broad to East Lemon, east on Lemon to Cedar, and north on Cedar back to the corner of Main and Cedar. It’s the same route as last year.
Pre-registration is not necessary; however, all participants are required to register between 6 and 6:40 p.m. in front of McElroy’s Pharmacy at the corner of Main and Cedar.
There is no registration fee.
In conjunction with the parade, the Lions will be conducting a food drive. Participants and spectators are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items as a donation. All food items collected will be delivered to the Lititz/Warwick Community Chest. Donated items will be collected at the post office parking lot or at the Lions’ food stand, located at East Main and Sturgis Lane.
Lititz Borough Police will be bagging parking meters three hours before the parade. People may put chairs and blankets down along the parade route two hours before the parade. On blocks where there are no parking meters, chairs and blankets may be placed five hours before the event. Police will collect chairs and blankets if this policy, as indicated, is not followed.
For more information, visit the Lions’ website at lititzlions.org or call 419-8536 or 625-2449.
A rain date has been scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 25, same time. More PARADE, page A16