- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Speedwell meeting set for Nov. 16
(The Lititz Record Express went to press on Wednesday prior to this meeting).
Sen. Mike Brubaker and Rep. Tom Creighton will host a community meeting with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission to address safety concerns regarding Speedwell Forge Lake.
The meeting will be held Nov. 16 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Brickerville Fire Hall, 10 Hopeland Road.
As a result, the public meeting planned by the Lititz Sportsman’s Association for Nov. 14 was canceled, and concerned residents are encouraged to attend the Nov. 16 meeting.
Brubaker said the meeting will include experienced, knowledgeable PBFC representatives and allow members of the public to ask questions.
The PBFC recently announced that Speedwell Forge Lake in Elizabeth Township will be completely drawn down due to safety concerns after extensive damage was discovered to the spillway and the dam. The damage was caused by torrential rains from Hurricane Irene, Tropical Storm Lee and other recent severe storms.
"A number of local residents have expressed concerns regarding the Commission’s recent announcement, and it is imperative to ensure that all members of the community have an opportunity to have their questions answered and their concerns addressed," Brubaker said.
Call 627-0036 for more information.