- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Speedwell meeting set for Nov. 16
(The Lititz Record Express went to press on Wednesday prior to this meeting).
Sen. Mike Brubaker and Rep. Tom Creighton will host a community meeting with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission to address safety concerns regarding Speedwell Forge Lake.
The meeting will be held Nov. 16 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Brickerville Fire Hall, 10 Hopeland Road.
As a result, the public meeting planned by the Lititz Sportsman’s Association for Nov. 14 was canceled, and concerned residents are encouraged to attend the Nov. 16 meeting.
Brubaker said the meeting will include experienced, knowledgeable PBFC representatives and allow members of the public to ask questions.
The PBFC recently announced that Speedwell Forge Lake in Elizabeth Township will be completely drawn down due to safety concerns after extensive damage was discovered to the spillway and the dam. The damage was caused by torrential rains from Hurricane Irene, Tropical Storm Lee and other recent severe storms.
"A number of local residents have expressed concerns regarding the Commission’s recent announcement, and it is imperative to ensure that all members of the community have an opportunity to have their questions answered and their concerns addressed," Brubaker said.
Call 627-0036 for more information.