- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Pretzel Fest tickets still available
According to statistics, the average U.S. citizen consumes up to two pounds of pretzels per year. This year, however, that average will change — thanks to the first annual Lititz Pretzel Fest.
The Fest will be held April 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in downtown Lititz.
Playing off of the success of their biggest fund raiser, the Lititz Chocolate Walk, the Kiwanis Club of the Lititz Area has created this new event to raise funds for the Lititz/Warwick Community Chest’s food bank.
Tickets are $5 purchased in person or $6 online, and give the holder access to several rather unique pretzel tasting stations, a "Twisted Minute to Win It" competition with 10 challenges throughout town, German dancers, a photo-op area, a chef’s competition, Pretzel Bingo, banjo music, and a very special live preview presentation of the Sharadin Bigler Theater’s newest production, "Xanadu."
Also included in the day’s festivities will be a dunk booth, offering an opportunity to dunk local personalities, including the Mayor of Lititz, the editor and the associate editor of the Lititz Record and Ephrata Review, political figures, a school board member, an insurance agent, and everyone’s favorite mail carrier, among many others.
Tickets for this rain or shine fun event are on sale now. Visit lititzpretzelfest.com or purchase tickets in person at downtown retail shops. If there are still tickets available the day of the Fest, they will be on sale at the event’s hub, the Rudy Building, at 37-41 East Main Street, Lititz.
For more information call 627-1730.