- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
- Lowe’s, Aaron’s Acres team to upgrade Manheim park
- Flying high for fun — for now
- Countdown to Chocolate Walk
One thousand walkers attend March of Dimes event
March of Dimes held its annual Lancaster County March for Babies Walk this past Sunday on the Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center campus in Lititz.
The event is a culmination of the organization’s largest fundraising campaign, dedicated to help moms have full term pregnancies and healthy babies.
This year’s local ambassador was the Goraganhdi family. Daughter Zoya was born at Heart of Lancaster 10 weeks early, weighing only 2.2 pounds. Now a healthy 10 month old, she along with her parents led 1,000 people around the Heart of Lancaster’s one mile walking trail.
The afternoon also included an opening ceremony recognizing local “NICU graduates,” children born premature that are now happy and healthy, as well as remembered those local premature infants who did not survive. March of Dimes is a nonprofit organization with nearly 700 communities in the United States holding March for Babies walks annually.
More photos in this week’s issue of the Record Express.