- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
One thousand walkers attend March of Dimes event
March of Dimes held its annual Lancaster County March for Babies Walk this past Sunday on the Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center campus in Lititz.
The event is a culmination of the organization’s largest fundraising campaign, dedicated to help moms have full term pregnancies and healthy babies.
This year’s local ambassador was the Goraganhdi family. Daughter Zoya was born at Heart of Lancaster 10 weeks early, weighing only 2.2 pounds. Now a healthy 10 month old, she along with her parents led 1,000 people around the Heart of Lancaster’s one mile walking trail.
The afternoon also included an opening ceremony recognizing local “NICU graduates,” children born premature that are now happy and healthy, as well as remembered those local premature infants who did not survive. March of Dimes is a nonprofit organization with nearly 700 communities in the United States holding March for Babies walks annually.
More photos in this week’s issue of the Record Express.