- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
One thousand walkers attend March of Dimes event
March of Dimes held its annual Lancaster County March for Babies Walk this past Sunday on the Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center campus in Lititz.
The event is a culmination of the organization’s largest fundraising campaign, dedicated to help moms have full term pregnancies and healthy babies.
This year’s local ambassador was the Goraganhdi family. Daughter Zoya was born at Heart of Lancaster 10 weeks early, weighing only 2.2 pounds. Now a healthy 10 month old, she along with her parents led 1,000 people around the Heart of Lancaster’s one mile walking trail.
The afternoon also included an opening ceremony recognizing local “NICU graduates,” children born premature that are now happy and healthy, as well as remembered those local premature infants who did not survive. March of Dimes is a nonprofit organization with nearly 700 communities in the United States holding March for Babies walks annually.
More photos in this week’s issue of the Record Express.