- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Mom’s the word
This coming Sunday marks the 100th anniversary of Mother’s Day. For more history on that maternal milestone, check out this week’s Out of the Past section in our print edition (on newsstands now).
While meandering through the array of downtown events last weekend, we bumped into a few great moms. Whether it was Mandy Work hula-hooping for five straight minutes to win a pair of stuffed frogs, or Dorothy Cushman simply spending time with her daughter Judy during St. Luke’s Spring Thing event, “Mom” was the word of the day.
Happy Mother’s Day!