- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Merry Lititz Christmas Santa Claus arrives Dec. 2
In Brief Visits with Santa, carriage rides, storytelling and a town-wide scavenger hunt are only part of the activities planned for children attending "Have Yourself a Merry Lititz Christmas."
The third annual two-day festival will take place on Dec. 2 and 3 in downtown Lititz and will involve the participation of nearly every merchant and organization in a four block radius of the square. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days.
The fun kicks off with Christmas in the Park, where the Lititz Springs Park train station will serve as the hub of activities.
Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive in Lititz on Dec. 2 and will ride around town in a horse drawn carriage until 11 a.m. After that, they’ll be on-hand both days in the Lititz Springs Park caboose for photo ops with the kids.
Free horse-drawn carriage rides will be sponsored by the Lititz American Legion, the Lititz VFW and the Landis Valley Museum.
The free event is recommended for children ages 10 and under, and accompanying adults. A complete list of activities and stations will appear in next week’s Record Express. More CHRISTMAS, page A15