- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
Make-A-Wish float nabs grand prize
The grand prize winner at this year’s Halloween parade was a float sponsored by Make-A-Wish of Philadelphia and the Susquehanna Valley.
Faith Geib, who designed the float, is a parade veteran, and very passionate about Make-A-Wish.
"I donate all the prize money back to Make-A-Wish," Geib said. "I’ve made $2,055 in my past three parades and it all goes back to the cause."
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Geib added that the cost to grant a wish to a typical Make-A-Wish kid is $1,000, so the prize money will certainly be put to good use.
Riding on the float was brain tumor survivor Damiana "Dami" Schmehl, a student at Lititz Elementary School. Dami and her family are celebrating the fact that Dami has been cancer-free for 10 months.
About Lititz Record
Never. Lose. Hope.
Drug addiction is everyone’s problem. The nationwide epidemic is well...
- Posted March 17, 2016
Jammin’ at JoBoy’s: blues and brews
They make a great gose, which is now on...
British car show in Rothsville Aug. 28
Lanco MG Club’s 27th annual Taste of Britain British...
The return of Bobby Wehner
Singer/songwriter Bobby Wehner returns to perform the Lititz Farmers Market...
Officer of the Year
An interview with Manheim’s Kirk Colwell A police officer for...
Brenner, Maaser wed in Vegas
Ashley Brenner and Bryan Maaser were married in Las Vegas...
Bryant, Ruhl marry at Lauxmont Farms
Katherine Bryant and Geoffrey Ruhl, of Manheim, were married July...
Births – Reported Aug. 25, 2016
ANDERSON, Colleen, and Thomas Garman Jr., Lancaster, a daughter, at...
Beth’s Story: Commentary on an epidemic that hits close to home
“Beth’s Story” is the first in a five-part monthly...
- February 18, 2016
Ronald Lee Sandhaus, 69, popular Lititz police officer, HAM radio enthusiast
Ronald Lee Sandhaus, 69, 533 Spring Avenue, Lititz, passed...
- July 23, 2014