- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
Make-A-Wish float nabs grand prize
The grand prize winner at this year’s Halloween parade was a float sponsored by Make-A-Wish of Philadelphia and the Susquehanna Valley.
Faith Geib, who designed the float, is a parade veteran, and very passionate about Make-A-Wish.
"I donate all the prize money back to Make-A-Wish," Geib said. "I’ve made $2,055 in my past three parades and it all goes back to the cause."
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Geib added that the cost to grant a wish to a typical Make-A-Wish kid is $1,000, so the prize money will certainly be put to good use.
Riding on the float was brain tumor survivor Damiana "Dami" Schmehl, a student at Lititz Elementary School. Dami and her family are celebrating the fact that Dami has been cancer-free for 10 months.