- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Make-A-Wish float nabs grand prize
The grand prize winner at this year’s Halloween parade was a float sponsored by Make-A-Wish of Philadelphia and the Susquehanna Valley.
Faith Geib, who designed the float, is a parade veteran, and very passionate about Make-A-Wish.
"I donate all the prize money back to Make-A-Wish," Geib said. "I’ve made $2,055 in my past three parades and it all goes back to the cause."
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Geib added that the cost to grant a wish to a typical Make-A-Wish kid is $1,000, so the prize money will certainly be put to good use.
Riding on the float was brain tumor survivor Damiana "Dami" Schmehl, a student at Lititz Elementary School. Dami and her family are celebrating the fact that Dami has been cancer-free for 10 months.