- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Make-A-Wish float nabs grand prize
The grand prize winner at this year’s Halloween parade was a float sponsored by Make-A-Wish of Philadelphia and the Susquehanna Valley.
Faith Geib, who designed the float, is a parade veteran, and very passionate about Make-A-Wish.
"I donate all the prize money back to Make-A-Wish," Geib said. "I’ve made $2,055 in my past three parades and it all goes back to the cause."
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Geib added that the cost to grant a wish to a typical Make-A-Wish kid is $1,000, so the prize money will certainly be put to good use.
Riding on the float was brain tumor survivor Damiana "Dami" Schmehl, a student at Lititz Elementary School. Dami and her family are celebrating the fact that Dami has been cancer-free for 10 months.