- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Lititz Springs Pool opens May 24
This Saturday, the summer swim season kicks-off with the opening of the Lititz Springs Pool — opening this year for its 53rd season.
If you have driven past the pool in the last few weeks, you might have noticed considerable activity. Under the direction of Kevin Zook, Facilities Maintenance Director at the Lititz Rec Center, workers have been busy getting the swimming pools ready for another summer season. With the Rec Center now assuming the responsibilities of operating the pool there will be a few changes.
To begin with, the pool will be opening at noon on a daily basis which is 30 minutes earlier than it had been. Closing will remain 8 p.m. (Note: While Warwick schools are in session, the opening time will be 1 p.m. during the week).
Those seeking memberships may purchase them at the Rec Center or at the pool once it opens. Those acquiring a membership will be given a membership card with their picture on it, which they will scan when entering the pool facility. Non-members may enter the pool upon paying a daily admission fee which varies with age. Another new policy will allow visitors to pay daily admission with a credit or debit card.
The pool’s snack bar will be in operation with a variety of food items and drinks. The pool staff will once again conduct games for small children on Tuesday and Thursday at 2 p.m. In addition, Raft Nites will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday beginning at 6 p.m. Individuals interested in private swim lessons or hosting a pool party should inquire at the Rec Center or pool office. General rules relating to the pool facility may be found on the Rec Center website: lititzrec.com.
Submitted by Andrew Amway, Pool Manager