- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Lititz: beyond cool
MELISSA HUNNEFIELD Record Express Staff
, Staff Writer
Lititz gets to cling to it’s "America’s Coolest Small Town" title until next February, when a new victor will be crowned.
Now – and likely with some help from budgettravel.com’s nod – Lititz can add a few more feathers to its cap.
Travelandleisure.com recently reported that Lititz was voted the 19th favorite small town in America by readers of Travel & Leisure magazine.
"Founded by German settlers and strict Protestants in the mid-1700s, this vibrant village in Pennsylvania Dutch country still bears the imprint of its early inhabitants," the site reported. "Multipointed Moravian stars adorning local structures are illuminated for the holidays, creating a festive air."
Travel & Leisure readers voted Lititz the No. 3 Christmas destination and No. 9 for Christmas lights. Also the site of one of the nation’s longest-running Fourth of July celebrations, Lititz ranked highly among readers for its patriotism (No. 3) and town pride (No. 4).