- MC High school hosts Science Olympiad
- Saturday’s travelogue visits China
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Downtown diversity
- MC Middle School principal resigns
- How sweet it is!
- Cool lineup!
- Free PA campground directory offered
- Reality TV celebrity Jon Gosselin to judge Lititz chili
- Locals earn blue ribbons at PA Farm Show
Lititz: beyond cool
MELISSA HUNNEFIELD Record Express Staff
, Staff Writer
Lititz gets to cling to it’s "America’s Coolest Small Town" title until next February, when a new victor will be crowned.
Now – and likely with some help from budgettravel.com’s nod – Lititz can add a few more feathers to its cap.
Travelandleisure.com recently reported that Lititz was voted the 19th favorite small town in America by readers of Travel & Leisure magazine.
"Founded by German settlers and strict Protestants in the mid-1700s, this vibrant village in Pennsylvania Dutch country still bears the imprint of its early inhabitants," the site reported. "Multipointed Moravian stars adorning local structures are illuminated for the holidays, creating a festive air."
Travel & Leisure readers voted Lititz the No. 3 Christmas destination and No. 9 for Christmas lights. Also the site of one of the nation’s longest-running Fourth of July celebrations, Lititz ranked highly among readers for its patriotism (No. 3) and town pride (No. 4).