- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
Kirkpatrick named president of Lancaster Newspapers
John Kirkpatrick was named president of Lancaster Newspapers, parent company to the Lititz Record Express, last week.
He will have responsibility for all aspects of the development, production, content, sales and marketing operation of the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era, Sunday News, and LancasterOnline, as well as oversight responsibilities for The Fly magazine and La Voz Hispana.
Kirkpatrick has had a distinguished career in the newspaper and affiliated businesses, most recently in Harrisburg as president of PA Media Group, which includes The Patriot-News, PennLive, Central PA Magazine and a host of other print and glossy niche magazines. He spent 22 years in Harrisburg, first as editor, then editor and publisher, and ultimately president and publisher of The Patriot-News.
Under his leadership, The Patriot-News has received recognition in every part of its operation including being named Pennsylvania Newspaper of the Year five times in the last 10 years and second place four times. Last year The Patriot-News was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Local Reporting.