- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
It’s not too late to be a part of Fire & Ice
Although Fire & Ice weekend is still a month away, admission buttons for the Chili Cook-off are already on sale. Admission to the event is limited to 1,500 tasters.
"We are really trying to pre-sell them this year and not have as many at the door because of fear of running out," said event coordinator Dawn Rismiller. "Once we have sold the 1,500 we cannot sell anymore because of the amount of chili our chefs are being asked to bring."
This week it was announced that Lititz Record-Express sports editor Bruce Morgan will be one of the celebrity judges of the gastronomic showdown. He’ll be awarding the "Hot off the Press" trophy to his personal favorite among the chili creations.
Sponsorship opportunities are still availble at different levels of financial commitment. Vendors can still sign up for a 10 by 10-foot space at the Friday Night Block Party on Feb. 14. Non-profit organizations pay only $50. Food and retail vendors pay $150. It costs $100 to be a vendor sponsor at the Chili Cook-off. Sponsors can hang a banner in the event venue and will be provided with a table that can be utilized to distribute literature and gifts/prizes.
"If people want to get involved with something with youth," Rismiller added, "Sunday is a great venue too."
Sponsors at the Dodgeball Tournament and Rock & Ruckus, for $100, also receive a table with vendor space. All event sponsors get included on the Fire & Ice website, map and Event Program Guide.
Details on all events and sponsorship opportunities can be found at lititzfireandicefestival.com.
More FIRE & ICE, page A14