- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Horse and buggy create chaos
By: STEPHEN SEEBER Record Express Staff, Staff Writer
A runaway horse and buggy hit several cars, including a regional police cruiser, during a chaotic journey from Brunnerville to Lititz Tuesday.
While a Lititz police report was not available prior to press time, the incident was discussed briefly during Tuesday night’s borough council meeting.
Sgt. Kerry Nye, of the Lititz Police Department, said the horse and buggy owner was at an auction in the Brunnerville area when the escape occurred, starting along Hackman Road and ending near the Lititz Public Library, where the horse was finally corralled.
Councilman Doug Bomberger witnessed the runaway, saying it sped by his home and hit several cars in the vicinity of Fourth and Locust streets.
"It was very exciting," he said.
There were no injuries, including the horse, according to Sgt. Nye.
"I need to get spurs for all the guys," he said to council. "They’re (horses) not easy to stop."