- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
High school lockdown No drugs found during routine search
Lititz police conducted a routine drug sweep at Warwick’s high school and middle school Monday morning.
"The search was a success, in that no drugs or paraphernalia were discovered during the search. I’d call that a success!" said one of the participating officers.
This cooperative effort between the police department and school district, with the help of Regional’s police dog, occurs from time to time. One parent asked the Record Express about "false hits," in which the K-9 unit might react to a student’s locker, but nothing is found.
To that, Dr. April Hershey, school district superintendent, had this to say:
"We encourage any parent or guardian with questions or concerns about today’s events to contact their building principal."