- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
High school lockdown No drugs found during routine search
Lititz police conducted a routine drug sweep at Warwick’s high school and middle school Monday morning.
"The search was a success, in that no drugs or paraphernalia were discovered during the search. I’d call that a success!" said one of the participating officers.
This cooperative effort between the police department and school district, with the help of Regional’s police dog, occurs from time to time. One parent asked the Record Express about "false hits," in which the K-9 unit might react to a student’s locker, but nothing is found.
To that, Dr. April Hershey, school district superintendent, had this to say:
"We encourage any parent or guardian with questions or concerns about today’s events to contact their building principal."