- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
High school lockdown No drugs found during routine search
Lititz police conducted a routine drug sweep at Warwick’s high school and middle school Monday morning.
"The search was a success, in that no drugs or paraphernalia were discovered during the search. I’d call that a success!" said one of the participating officers.
This cooperative effort between the police department and school district, with the help of Regional’s police dog, occurs from time to time. One parent asked the Record Express about "false hits," in which the K-9 unit might react to a student’s locker, but nothing is found.
To that, Dr. April Hershey, school district superintendent, had this to say:
"We encourage any parent or guardian with questions or concerns about today’s events to contact their building principal."