- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
Easter on the eastern shore
On the Saturday before Easter, the new “Coolest Small Town in America,” Berlin, Md., was simply hopping with excitement. The town held its 19th annual Spring Celebration from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event included carnival rides and loads of activities for the kids, vendors, a live Antique Road Show, karate demos, a cupcake eating contest, and culminated in an Easter Parade with judging to choose the best bonnet (female) and mad hatter (male). Some visitors were lucky enough to receive a shiny new quarter from Mayor “Gee” Williams. There are 20 more events planned in Berlin this year, including a Jazz & Blues Fest, a Peach Festival, Shakespeare on Main Street, a Fiddlers Convention and their popular Christmas Parade. Berlin is located 10 minutes from Ocean City, on Maryland’s eastern shore. To learn more, visit berlinmainstreet.com.