- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Did You Hear?
Record debuts new feature; send us all the fun things going on in your life
“Did You Hear” about the new community column in the Record?
Debuting in the Feb. 13 edition of the Lititz Record Express, a new column will appear unlike any other we believe you’ve had a chance to see in your hometown paper.
“Did You Hear” will be a weekly community forum where readers can send in traditional announcements such as birthdays, anniversaries, family picnics and class reunions or business milestones. But we also want to see things a bit more offbeat such as pet birthdays, toddler quotes or achievements, a new or unusual recipe, vacation highlights, garden bragging (can’t wait for spring!), or just random thoughts or short stories. These types of “social” columns were once a big part of newspapers back in the day, but may be making a comeback in an age where specific local content is still unique to the print products.
So don’t be shy about sending something in…it’s as simple as a few clicks on an e-mail. This is a work in progress and more guidelines may be developed as the column progresses. All entries are subject to editing and we will do our best to communicate that to the sender.
We are anxious to hear what you have to say…and so are the readers. Send your items to email@example.com. E-mail is preferred however if you do not have computer access, they can also be dropped off at the office, 1 East Main Street, Ephrata.