- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Cool pool party this Saturday
ANDY AMWAY Special to the Record Express
, Staff Writer
Having received the recognition of being the "Coolest Small Town In America," the Lititz Borough Council has proclaimed July 20 as a day of celebration at the borough owned and operated pool.
All residents of Lititz and the Warwick School District will be the guests of the borough from 1 to 7 p.m. In addition to a day of swimming and free treats from the pool’s snack bar, various games will be conducted. These include a foul-shooting contest, a water balloon toss, a water-treading contest, swim races with noodles, a penny toss and a greased watermelon competition. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the different competitions. Those planning to attend are requested to pre-register at the pool office during normal pool hours.
A valid ID showing residency in the Warwick School District is all that is required. Tickets are issued with admission to the pool and can be used to get two free items at the pool’s snack bar. The pool will be open only to the residents of the Warwick School District. Those attending are reminded that proper swim attire and adherence to pool safety rules will be required. If weather conditions would force postponement, the celebration will be held July 21.
Anyone with questions should contact the pool office at 626-8484 between 1 and 8 p.m.