- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Cool pool day set for July 20
Earlier this year, the residents of Lititz were notified that their town was voted "Coolest Small Town in America."
As a way of thanking those who voted and all the residents who were instrumental in giving our community its positive image, Borough Council has designated July 20, from 1 to 7 p.m., a special day of celebration at the Lititz Springs Pool.
All residents of the Warwick School District are welcome to enjoy a free day of swimming and activities at the borough-owned pool. All those attending will receive a "Cool Pop" to celebrate being part of a "Cool Town," and the choice of a second item from the pool’s snack bar.
In addition, various games and activities will be conducted. These might include a foul shooting contest, treading water competition, a water balloon toss, underwater swim contest, and a greased watermelon competition. Prizes will be awarded to winners.
Those planning to attend are requested to pre-register at the pool office any day of the week prior to July 20, between 1 and 8 p.m. Proof of residency in the Warwick School District is required in order to receive a ticket. The ticket will gain you admission to the pool on July 20 and entitle you to the free items from the snack bar.
It should be noted that the pool will not be open on this special day to non-residents of the Warwick School District. Those attending are reminded that proper swim attire and adherence to pool safety rules is required.
The rain date for this event is the following day, July 21.
For more information, contact the pool office at 626-8484 between 1 and 8 p.m.
Article submitted by Andy Amway, pool manager.
More POOL, page A7